This week, we continue our Summer of Love series, where we ask some of our favorite people about their plans, memories and workout. Today, we chat with The PH8 Foundation founder and CEO Mike Angel, namesake of our favorite tee ("The Mike Tee").
Use code LoveMike this weekend to save 25% on the Mike - each tee includes a giveback to the PH8 Foundation equal to 10 years clean drinking water.
Now let's see what Mike had to say about summer.
Mike is wearing the blue Mike Tee made from 100% recycled fabric.
1. What are your plans for the summer? This Summer the PH8 Fam and I will be doing more of what we love - throwing #partywithapurpose events to provide clean water for those in need! Right now we have about four parties planned that will all be contributing toward our next project in the Philippines. The first one will be a mixer at the art gallery El Playground in Downtown LA on July 14th. We’ll be sharing all of the awesome stories from our most recent trip to Cambodia and raising awareness about what’s next. I can’t wait!
2. What’s your favorite summer memory? One of my favorite summer memories actually happened just last June when we had our first-ever #partywithapurpose event, Genesis, at 31Ten Lounge in Santa Monica. All of our friends, family and amazing supporters came together and raised enough money to provide clean water for 1,186 students in Uganda. In just one day we were able to change the lives of so many people, and that’s when we knew we were onto something.
3. If you send some love to a group of people or special cause this summer, who or what would it be? Humankind.
4. What’s your favorite summer workout? I actually tried strength training mixed with hot yoga for the first time this summer and it was amazing! In a very sweaty hour of doing yoga poses and lifting weights at the same time, I burned like 900 calories and saw results instantly. It may sound a bit crazy to do hot yoga in the summer, but it’s totally worth it!
5. Name a song, smell or taste that always reminds you of summer? “Treasured Soul” by Michael Calfan instantly comes to mind. I only play that song in the summer so that I don’t wear it out. Listening to that while drinking a glass of fresh, cold pressed watermelon juice and a plate of cut pineapples means it’s really summer.